Resume for KIMBERLY CALHOUN
3208 CHERYL STREET
WICHITA FALLS, TX 76309
|A challenging position where motivational skills, exceptional personal skills, attention to detail, and energy will have application. |
- Worked closely with the public providing shampoos, sets, comb outs, hair cuts, styles, permanent waves, hair coloring, manicures, pedicures, scalp, and facial treatments, advised and instructed patrons on how to care for their hair, nails, and skin.
- As a self-employed Cosmetologist, I had a managerial role in addition to my work as an operator. These duties included such tasks as providing customer service, protecting the health and safety of the public by maintaining high standards for the salon, record keeping, filing taxes, booking appointments, ordering supplies and equipment, arranging and organizing products in the salon for retail sale.
- I also specialized in hair and makeup services for customers at local funeral homes.
- I was forced to leave this occupation, due to the exposure of chemicals causing me allergic skin reactions.
Sales Clerk, Order Processor/Checker, Garment Pressor, Delivery Person
- Obtained and received merchandise, totaled bills, accepted payments, and made change for customers. Arranged merchandise on counters and tables to promote sales. Marked and tagged articles of clothing. Obtained requests by customer to be preformed on various clothing items, and received merchandise selected by customer. Answered customer's questions concerning location, price, and use of the services offered.
- Totaled price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer, using paper and pencil, cash register, or calculator, to determine bill. Accepted payment and made change. Wrapped or bagged merchandise for customers. Cleaned shelves, counters, windows, and tables. Removed and recorded amount of cash in register at end of shift. Calculated sales discounts to determine prices.
- Supervised and coordinated activities of workers engaged in pressing, folding, and packing garments. Trained workers in setting up and operating machines and equipment. Examined articles for finishing defects, such as soils, faulty seaming, or broken buttons/zippers. Filled customers orders with their garments after the garments finished the cleaning and pressing process. Tended machines that shaped and pressed garments, such as collars and cuffs of shirts to include the shirts themselves.
- Pressed men and womens dress apparel to include using hand iron. Pressed and boxed wedding gowns for preservation. Pressed and folded drapries. Pulled collars and cuffs of men's shirts onto shaped metal templates of machines. Depressed pedals to open heated plates of machine and move template and garments parts between heated plates.
- Turned thermostatic controls to regulate temperature of plates according to type of fabric pressed. Made sewing alterations on garments according to customers requests. Sewed on military patches, and buttons. Drove company vechicle to pick up and drop off customer's merchandise on occasion.
- I left this job to further my education.
- Maintained records of vital statistics, recorded physical findings and other pertinent data of patient.
- Maintained stock of equipment and supplies.
- Acted as receptionist, performed secretarial duties.
- Ordered, interpreted prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician.
- Prepared and maintained patients' clinical records.
- Inspected rooms and wards for cleanliness and comfort.
- Ordered drugs, lab tests, x-rays, meals, and equipment, per physcians orders, and maintained those records.
- Admitted and discharged patients.
- Tansported patients to and from various departments of the hospital for medical procedures.
- I was forced to leave this job because at the time I needed a day time position.
|Burkburnett High School, Burkburnett, Texas
- General Equivalency Diploma 1977
|Vernon College, Wichita Falls, Texas
- Certificate of Completion in Cosmetology
- Relevant Courses: Achieved the President's/Dean's
List each semester
- Graduated with Honors
|Two years online computer courses|
- Internet Web Design
- Computerized Applications
Utilize Windows based applications including MS Works, PhotoShop, Freehand HTML, Java Script, Ulead COOL 3D, Webstyle, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, and Paint Shop Pro to prepare contracts, reports, web documents, spreadsheets, animation, web design and graphics.